Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nut and Bridge

Installing the nut was simple.  I bought a man-made ivory nut and installed it with just a little glue.


The bridge was a little more complicated.  I bought this part instead of making it.  It is made of ebony wood and I was able to buy matching pins for it.  I also bought the saddle that installs in the bridge.  I had to file that down to size and shape.
The distance from the nut to the bridge saddle is critical.  In my case, it was to be 25.55 inches according to the book I'm using.  It also has to be perfectly centered, parallel to the nut and perpendicular to the strings.  I glued it on the body with some wood glue.





I still have to drill holes for the pins.  Holes are in the bridge, but not the soundboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment